Rally and Obedience
Dog Gone Good is hosting an Obedience & Rally Run Thru on Saturday, July 31. These Run Thrus are scheduled one week prior to HROTC’s Obedience and Rally Trials to be held at Dog Gone Good’s Training facility on August 7 & 8.
- All registrations MUST be submitted via e-mail by 6pm on Tuesday, July 27.
- Payment will be collected the day of the run-thru by check (payable to Dog Gone Good) or exact cash to minimize handling of paperwork and money. Fees are $5 for each Rally Run and $7 for each Obedience run.
- Only persons entered in the run-thru are allowed in the building. Each person will sign a Waiver of Liability and a COVID Waiver. It is suggested that these be printed out and completed ahead of time but they will be available on site.
- We will follow state mandated rules as far as masks, but we will also follow the COVID protocols to be followed at HROTC’s trial. After all, we are prepping for the trial!
- Because there is only one ring, Rally will start at 8am and Obedience will follow.
- All runs will be in order of class and jump height to minimize resets.
- Everyone will be notified of the earliest start time for your earliest class, via email, as soon as practical, after registration closes.
- Crating, in your own crate, is allowed but we ask that you not arrive too early before your run to minimize congestion in the building.
- Ring procedures will simulate how things are being handled at trials, as per AKC instruction.
- Cones will be used for figure 8’s.
- Stewards will not handle leads except with tongs or clean gloves.
- Utility articles and gloves will be handled by stewards using tongs or clean gloves.
- Time in the ring will be limited to actual Run Thru without excessive training in the ring. Training equipment (e.g. go-out targets) will not be allowed. Handlers are expected to respond to judges commands as they would in a trial. Repeats of exercises will be limited to one repeat and will only be allowed for a few exercises.
- While it is not recommended to use food and toys in the ring as you practice for a trial, it will be allowed. Please be neat and use food that will not crumble.
If you wish to sign up for the Saturday, July 31st, Run Thru at Dog Gone Good you should submit the following information via email to DogGoneGood@cox.net by 6pm on July 27:
Handler’s name Dog’s name Breed Jump height
Indicate each Obedience &/or rally class you will enter & the number of times you wish to run in each class
*** WIN CASH!! ***
Your dog has 5 minutes to find an unknown number of hides (1-10) in 101 containers.
Sign up for the morning challenge (8-12) or the afternoon challenge (1-5).
Each challenge is limited to 30 competitors.
Odors used are Birch, Anise, Clove (prepared for AKC Scent Work)
- No multiple dogs per handler (1 dog per handler per run)
- 5 minutes search, NO 30 second warning
- One (1) incorrect Alert call allowed (5 fault points)
- Multiple faults
- 1st incorrect Alert (5 fault points)
- Any container moved out of position (1 fault point)
- Any container damaged (2 fault point)
- Handler dropping food (1 fault point)
- Handler touching container (1 fault point)
- Repeat Alert on already found container (1 fault point)
The following behaviors will result in a non-qualifying performance.
- The handler calls “a 2nd Alert” on an incorrect container.
- The handler calls “Finish” before all hides have been located.
- The maximum time for the search is exceeded.
- The handler is not able to point to the correct container when asked by the judge.
- Any harsh handling or harsh corrections by the handler.
- Dog eliminates in the search area.
The top three (3) performing qualifying teams shall be awarded placements 1-3. Placements are based on fewest number of faults, and then on time.
1st place wins 40% of entry fees collected
2nd place wins 20% of entry fees collected
3rd place wins 10% of entry fees collected
Be sure to register for the correct challenge – morning and/or afternoon. Entries ACCEPTED NOW!!