*** WIN CASH!! ***
Your dog has 4 minutes to find an unknown number of hides (1-10) in 100 containers.
Sign up for the morning challenge (8-12) or the afternoon challenge (1-5).
Each challenge is limited to 40 competitors.
Odors used are Birch, Anise, Clove (prepared for AKC Scent Work)
- No multiple dogs per handler (1 dog per handler per run)
- 4 minutes search, NO 30 second warning
- One (1) incorrect Alert call allowed (5 fault points)
- Multiple faults
- 1st incorrect Alert (5 fault points)
- Any container moved out of position (1 fault point)
- Any container damaged (2 fault point)
- Handler dropping food (1 fault point)
- Handler touching container (1 fault point)
- Repeat Alert on already found container (1 fault point)
The following behaviors will result in a non-qualifying performance.
- The handler calls “a 2nd Alert” on an incorrect container.
- The handler calls “Finish” before all hides have been located.
- The maximum time for the search is exceeded.
- The handler is not able to point to the correct container when asked by the judge.
- Any harsh handling or harsh corrections by the handler.
- Dog eliminates in the search area.
The top three (3) performing qualifying teams shall be awarded placements 1-3. Placements are based on fewest number of faults, and then on time.
1st place wins 40% of entry fees collected
2nd place wins 20% of entry fees collected
3rd place wins 10% of entry fees collected
Be sure to register for the correct challenge – morning and/or afternoon. Entries will not be accepted until May 26th.